I have a confession. I did log on yesterday. I needed to "facebook" an old high school friend with news about Emma's acceptance into a Kindergarten program. Her own daughter is in the program, and I wanted to let her know that Emma indeed got in. (She played a big part in encouraging me to apply and telling me more about it). The problem being, I had neither her e-mail address or her phone #. Facebook keeps you in touch with those people who you would not otherwise have much contact with. That is the good (or bad) thing about it. In fact, I am struggling with the fact that no longer am able to see the updates in the lives of some dear friends who live out of state. Yes, a phone call would be better. However, I think that with today's busy schedules, it is nice to see how your friend is doing when you would not otherwise have the time to call. My friends work full time, so a good time for me to call, may not be a good time for them.
Since I logged on yesterday, my fourteen days is now extended by a day. I needed to re-cancel my account after logging in to start all over again. So the fortnight is no longer true to it's name. It is a fortnight and a day, if I last that long. We'll see. There are some unexpected positives to being on facebook that I had not realized. I am just not sure that they outweigh the negatives.
No comments:
Post a Comment